Mosaic Company SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Mosaic Company, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Mosaic Company to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Mosaic Company is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the Mosaic Company SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Mosaic Company SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Mosaic Company, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Mosaic Company looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Mosaic Company :
1. One of the largest potash producers in the world with 10 million tonnes
2. Mosaic’s potash production represented approximately 15 % of global production and nearly half of North American production.
3. Well diversified international sales to leading exporters such as Canada Potash Exporters (Canpotex) and Phosphate Chemicals Export Association Inc. (PhosChem); this is done in order to counter the seasonality in the planting cycles of fertilizers.
4. Demand for the Company’s products is extremely sustainable as global fertilizer market grows annually
5. Expected capacity of 17 million tonnes following completion of several expansion projects
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Mosaic Company SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited market share due to stiff competition in the sector
2. There have been labor union upheavals due to exposure of workers to harmful, toxic chemicals with severe after-effects.
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Mosaic Company SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong potential for growth in the fertilizer market, as the Company can expand into production of fertilizers as well.
2. The Company has engaged into several joint ventures to acquire phosphate mines outside North America, especially in the East African and Latin American belt.
3. There has been an increase in long-term contracts with Global purchasers and exporters to aid in international sales and growth.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Mosaic Company are as mentioned:
1. Increased competition, especially from PotashCorp, which has initiated an acquisition of Canpotex’s subsidiaries.
2. There is also competition from state-owned producers in emerging markets of Asia and Africa.
3. Tightening of environmental regulatory policies have affected the production processes and resulted in great losses for the Company.
4. Unpredictable climatic conditions have created several facility losses and added to the increasing pressure on shifting plants outside of North America.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Mosaic Company:
1. Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc.
3. CF Industries
Hence this concludes the Mosaic Company SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Mosaic Company Overview|
Formed by the merger of Cargill Inc.’s crop nutrition division and IMC Global, a fertilizer company.
Helping the World Grow the Food it Needs
The world's largest producer of phosphate and second-largest producer of potash—two crop nutrients which are primary ingredients in producing fertilizers.
|Mosaic Company STP|
Businesses looking for quality and higher yield with a long-term availability of raw material resources.
Agri-businesses manufacturing fertilizers made of potash and phosphate and exporters/retailers in businesses of selling the same.
Mosaic is the world's leading producer and marketer of concentrated phosphate and potash, two of the primary nutrients required to grow the food the world needs.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Mosaic Company. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us