Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Mosaic Company analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Mosaic Company SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Mosaic Company to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Mosaic Company is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The table below lists the Mosaic Company SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Mosaic Company competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
The world's largest producer of phosphate and second-largest producer of potash—two crop nutrients which are primary ingredients in producing fertilizers.
Mosaic Company STP
Businesses looking for quality and higher yield with a long-term availability of raw material resources.
Agri-businesses manufacturing fertilizers made of potash and phosphate and exporters/retailers in businesses of selling the same.
Mosaic is the world's leading producer and marketer of concentrated phosphate and potash, two of the primary nutrients required to grow the food the world needs.
SWOT Analysis of Mosaic Company
Mosaic Company Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Mosaic Company:
1. One of the largest potash producers in the world with 10 million tonnes 2. Mosaic’s potash production represented approximately 15 % of global production and nearly half of North American production. 3. Well diversified international sales to leading exporters such as Canada Potash Exporters (Canpotex) and Phosphate Chemicals Export Association Inc. (PhosChem); this is done in order to counter the seasonality in the planting cycles of fertilizers. 4. Demand for the Company’s products is extremely sustainable as global fertilizer market grows annually 5. Expected capacity of 17 million tonnes following completion of several expansion projects
Mosaic Company Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Mosaic Company SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited market share due to stiff competition in the sector 2. There have been labor union upheavals due to exposure of workers to harmful, toxic chemicals with severe after-effects.
Mosaic Company Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Mosaic Company SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong potential for growth in the fertilizer market, as the Company can expand into production of fertilizers as well. 2. The Company has engaged into several joint ventures to acquire phosphate mines outside North America, especially in the East African and Latin American belt. 3. There has been an increase in long-term contracts with Global purchasers and exporters to aid in international sales and growth.
Mosaic Company Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Mosaic Company are as mentioned:
1. Increased competition, especially from PotashCorp, which has initiated an acquisition of Canpotex’s subsidiaries. 2. There is also competition from state-owned producers in emerging markets of Asia and Africa. 3. Tightening of environmental regulatory policies have affected the production processes and resulted in great losses for the Company.
4. Unpredictable climatic conditions have created several facility losses and added to the increasing pressure on shifting plants outside of North America.
Mosaic Company Competition
Mosaic Company Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Mosaic Company:
1. Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc. 2. Agrium 3. CF Industries
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Mosaic Company. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute