Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Petronas Chemicals analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Petronas Chemicals SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Petronas Chemicals to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Petronas Chemicals is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The table below lists the Petronas Chemicals SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Petronas Chemicals competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Market leader in the production of chemicals in Malaysia
Petronas Chemicals STP
Businesses focused on achieving improvement in production capacities and international trade
Businesses in the manufacture of industrial products and in the trade of oil and gas
Leading integrated chemicals producer in Malaysia
SWOT Analysis of Petronas Chemicals
Petronas Chemicals Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Petronas Chemicals:
1. More than 25 years of experience in the chemicals industry 2. Production capacity of more than 13 metric tonnes per annum, spanning the entire Malaysian belt 3. Strong liquidity position due to increasing demand for the company’s products in the international market 4. Efficient use of resources and strong focus on sustainable growth 5. Largest petrochemical producer and seller in South East Asia
Petronas Chemicals Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Petronas Chemicals SWOT Analysis:
1. Declining sales in international territories due to increasing fuel prices and substitutes available for the company’s products. 2.Decline in operational performance due to labor strikes
Petronas Chemicals Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Petronas Chemicals SWOT Analysis:
1. Joint ventures with Dow Chemicals and BASF on expansion of specialty chemicals in Malaysia and other parts of South-East Asia 2. LNG regasification facilities on the Eastern ports of Gurun and Vung Tau in Vietnam 3. Kimanis Power plant project initiated for the purpose of providing better electricity and power to the South-East Asian countries
Petronas Chemicals Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Petronas Chemicals are as mentioned:
1. Stringent laws and regulations for businesses in the oil and gas sector have forced the company to look for different methods of gas refining and production 2. Fluctuating oil markets with prices touching both the floor and the ceiling have adversely affected the company’s shares in the market 3. Increasing competition from oil and gas companies, especially in China
Petronas Chemicals Competition
Petronas Chemicals Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Petronas Chemicals:
1. Saudi Basic Industries Corp 2. LG Chemical 3. China Petrochem
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Petronas Chemicals. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute