PTT Global Chemical SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of PTT Global Chemical analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In PTT Global Chemical SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like PTT Global Chemical to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. PTT Global Chemical is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The table below lists the PTT Global Chemical SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top PTT Global Chemical competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
PTT Global Chemical SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning, USP & Brand Analysis Table
The largest integrated petrochemical and refining company in Thailand.
PTT Global Chemical STP
Customers looking for sustainable and energy-efficient products with individual service and benefit options.
Customers in the downstream industrial plants catering to the manufacture of industrial chemicals and products requiring olefins and aromatics as feedstock.
Global leader in olefins and petrochemicals.
SWOT Analysis of PTT Global Chemical
PTT Global Chemical Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of PTT Global Chemical:
1. Market leader in the production of petrochemicals, olefins and aromatics in Thailand and one of the leaders in the integrated petrochemicals and refining industry in Asia. 2. Strong supplier and distributor network in Thailand which includes long-term contracts and extensive margins respectively. 3. Flagship petrochemical company of the PTT Group, which results in added incentives such as strong financial support, enhanced customer relationships and improved market reach. 4. Produces more than 8 million tons per year of olefins and aromatics and more than 2,80,000 barrels per day of petroleum 5. Strong brand equity and brand presence
PTT Global Chemical Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the PTT Global Chemical SWOT Analysis:
1. Less control over product prices due to market volatility and fluctuating prices. 2. Production scale is very limited and concentrated only in the industrial districts of Rayong, Thailand
PTT Global Chemical Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in PTT Global Chemical SWOT Analysis:
1. Large-scale investments and expansions in the ASEAN region have resulted in a tremendous growth potential for the company. 2. Strategic acquisitions stake in Cognis Oleochemicals and a collaboration with Cargill Inc.’s NatureWorks LLC, has resulted in the company’s presence in the Asian, European and the US markets as well. 3. PTT Aromatics and Refining facilities set-up in many parts of South-East Asia, supplying naphtha as an important feedstock for the company’s core production processes.
PTT Global Chemical Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of PTT Global Chemical are as mentioned:
1. Environmental legislations have prevented the company from delivering efficient products and services. 2. Lack of expansions outside the South-Asian domain has limited the company’s growth prospects in the future. 3. Market volatility and fluctuating prices have been a source of worry for the company.
4. Inefficient naphtha manufacturers have decreased the company’s product quality.
PTT Global Chemical Competition
PTT Global Chemical Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of PTT Global Chemical:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to PTT Global Chemical. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute