PTT Global Chemical SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of PTT Global Chemical, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like PTT Global Chemical to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. PTT Global Chemical is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the PTT Global Chemical SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the PTT Global Chemical SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For PTT Global Chemical, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of PTT Global Chemical looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of PTT Global Chemical :
1. Market leader in the production of petrochemicals, olefins and aromatics in Thailand and one of the leaders in the integrated petrochemicals and refining industry in Asia.
2. Strong supplier and distributor network in Thailand which includes long-term contracts and extensive margins respectively.
3. Flagship petrochemical company of the PTT Group, which results in added incentives such as strong financial support, enhanced customer relationships and improved market reach.
4. Produces more than 8 million tons per year of olefins and aromatics and more than 2,80,000 barrels per day of petroleum
5. Strong brand equity and brand presence
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the PTT Global Chemical SWOT Analysis:
1. Less control over product prices due to market volatility and fluctuating prices.
2. Production scale is very limited and concentrated only in the industrial districts of Rayong, Thailand
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in PTT Global Chemical SWOT Analysis:
1. Large-scale investments and expansions in the ASEAN region have resulted in a tremendous growth potential for the company.
2. Strategic acquisitions stake in Cognis Oleochemicals and a collaboration with Cargill Inc.’s NatureWorks LLC, has resulted in the company’s presence in the Asian, European and the US markets as well.
3. PTT Aromatics and Refining facilities set-up in many parts of South-East Asia, supplying naphtha as an important feedstock for the company’s core production processes.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of PTT Global Chemical are as mentioned:
1. Environmental legislations have prevented the company from delivering efficient products and services.
2. Lack of expansions outside the South-Asian domain has limited the company’s growth prospects in the future.
3. Market volatility and fluctuating prices have been a source of worry for the company.
4. Inefficient naphtha manufacturers have decreased the company’s product quality.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of PTT Global Chemical:
1. Petronas Chemicals
2. Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co.
3. BASF SE
Hence this concludes the PTT Global Chemical SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
PTT Global Chemical
PTT Global Chemical Group
Driven by Power.
The largest integrated petrochemical and refining company in Thailand.
|PTT Global Chemical STP|
Customers looking for sustainable and energy-efficient products with individual service and benefit options.
Customers in the downstream industrial plants catering to the manufacture of industrial chemicals and products requiring olefins and aromatics as feedstock.
Global leader in olefins and petrochemicals.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to PTT Global Chemical. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us