Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Sigma Aldrich analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Sigma Aldrich SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Sigma Aldrich to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Sigma Aldrich is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the Sigma Aldrich SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Sigma Aldrich SWOT Analysis:
For Sigma Aldrich, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Sigma Aldrich Strengths
The strengths of Sigma Aldrich looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Sigma Aldrich :
1. With more than 7,600 employees, the company operates directly in more than 40 countries and sells its products to more than 160 countries across the globe. 2. The company boasts of more than 1,87,000 products with more than 512 services, both direct and outsourced. 3. Strong supply chain and distribution network across all operating centers. 4. There has been a revolution of improved productivity within the organization and a surge in the cost-cutting activities across all domains.
Sigma Aldrich Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Sigma Aldrich SWOT Analysis:
1. Low operating margins due to cost-cutting initiatives means the company is not looking at sustained growth. 2. Limited global brand awareness as compared to a few leading companies
Sigma Aldrich Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Sigma Aldrich SWOT Analysis:
1. Strategic acquisitions of Isotec, Beijing Superior Chemicals and Instruments Co., Epichem Group ltd. and BioReliance have exposed the company to several new markets and avenues of growth. 2. India and China promise tremendous growth as the industrial outlook shifts towards emerging economies. 3. Bio-chemicals are becoming increasingly popular as pro-environmental solutions.
Sigma Aldrich Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Sigma Aldrich are as mentioned:
1. Increased competition from several big players in the specialty chemicals sector. 2. International trade regulations have demolished several export benefits enjoyed by the company. 3. Global economic crisis is affecting international operations and demand for the products, and cost-cutting would not be such a good option for the company.
Sigma Aldrich Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Sigma Aldrich:
1. Bayer AG 2. Brenntag AG 3. Johnson Matthey PLC.
Hence this concludes the Sigma Aldrich SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About Sigma Aldrich
Sigma Aldrich Corporation – formed by the merger of Sigma International Ltd. and Aldrich Chemical Co. in 1975.
Excelling in both chemical as well biochemical products to be used in scientific research as well as in the industry.
Sigma Aldrich STP
Customers looking for value-for-money products without compromising quality and performance.
Customers in the healthcare, life sciences, universities, government institutions and industrial sector.
A leading Life Science and High Technology company.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Sigma Aldrich. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute