Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of OCI Company analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In OCI Company SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like OCI Company to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. OCI Company is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The table below lists the OCI Company SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top OCI Company competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Industry leader in the production of soda ash, sodium percarbonate and hydrogen peroxide
OCI Company STP
Renewable energy materials, inorganic chemicals, petro and coal chemicals, fine chemicals, insulation and sapphire ingot
Detergent, oxygen generating agent, wastewater treatment agent, water pipe and medical instruments cleansers manufacturers and pharmaceutical industry
Safest, most efficient provider of inorganic chemical solutions
SWOT Analysis of OCI Company
OCI Company Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of OCI Company:
1. Specialist manufacture of dyes and pigments has constantly been supplying products that respond to the needs of the times
2. High quality, environmentally friendly products
3. Significant commitment to safety, technological improvements and unparalleled customer support
4. Out standing research and development capability has produced many new products and a large number of those products still maintain a significant market share internationally
5. One of the most prominent green energy and chemical companies in Korea
OCI Company Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the OCI Company SWOT Analysis:
1. Solar business segment is affected due to the dip in the segment
2. Heavy inventory requirement of the industry and The company has faced a dip in operational profit and profit margin due to the fluctuating economic condition
OCI Company Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in OCI Company SWOT Analysis:
1. Increasing market for chemical reagents and agrochemicals can be used by the chemical division
2. Medical ingredients supply for the pharmaceutical industry can be increased
3. Trading business, which is involved in the manufacture of glacial acetic acid can be leveraged to expand
4. Rising demand for LED products
OCI Company Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of OCI Company are as mentioned:
1. Dealing with high risk chemicals will increase the operation risk associated with the company
2. Increase in competition can lead to decrease in profit margin for the company
3. Further stringent environmental laws in future such as REACH can be a threat to chemical manufacturing
OCI Company Competition
OCI Company Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of OCI Company:
1. Hanwha Chemical Corporation
2. LG Chem, Ltd.
3. Samsung Group
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to OCI Company. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute