Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of HomeShop18 analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In HomeShop18 SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like HomeShop18 to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. HomeShop18 is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the HomeShop18 SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the HomeShop18 SWOT Analysis:
For HomeShop18, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of HomeShop18 looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of HomeShop18 :
1. Strong brand recognition because of television channel HomeShop 18.
2. 1,000 plus brands across wide range of product categories like clothing, jewellery, appliances, beauty etc.
3. Strong support of Reliance Industries Limited/Network 18.
4. Many smart phones from companies like Micromax, Spice and Celkon exclusively launched on Homeshop18.
5. Innovative and aggressive marketing campaign like the one involving two animated cats adds to its brand awareness and positioning.
6. Wide distribution network covering 3,000 plus locations.
7. Partnered with major brands like Reebok, Nokia, LG etc in India
8. Presence across TV, Web and Mobile.
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the HomeShop18 SWOT Analysis:
1. It witnessed some prominent resignations which affected operations
2. Too much emphasis on TV specific items can diminish the dual identity of Homeshop 18 as an ecommerce web portal.
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in HomeShop18 SWOT Analysis:
1. Leveraging its brand recognition to have an innovative marketing campaign to position itself as a strong ecommerce portal.
2. Expanding its product portfolio to include private lables, bridal section etc.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of HomeShop18 are as mentioned:
1. Rise of ecommerce platforms gives it intense competition.
2. Increasing popularity of online shopping among the rising affluent middle class can be a big disadvantage if TV specific strategy continues
3. Too many substitutes available hence low brand loyalty
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of HomeShop18:
Television & online viewing audience who prefer online medium of shopping as well
Middle income online and television shoppers
Best shopping experience in terms of value, quality and ease
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to HomeShop18. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute