Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Bulova analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Bulova SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Bulova to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Bulova is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Bulova SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Bulova SWOT Analysis:
For Bulova, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Bulova looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Bulova :
1. The world’s first tv commercial was that of Bulovain 1941.
2. The watch brand is owned by Citizen holdings company which has a good international presence that can benefit the brand
3. The Bulova Precisionist collection is known for its Special quartz movement Precisionist watches which are high in accuracy and claimed to be the most accurate watch in the world
4. The brands association with Harley Davidson in their Harley Davidson collection has given them higher visibility and better brand recall
5. Stores in more than 36 countries have ensured good international presence for the brand
6. The design and the styling in every watch of the brand is high end and the brand is perceived to be affordable for the design and style it offers
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Bulova SWOT Analysis:
1. In spite of being the first brand to be associated with TV advertising, the brand has not been advertised enough to ensure High brand recall
2. Thebrand faces problems from fake and duplicate replica markets
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Bulova SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand can extend its presence internationally, especially in the high growth developing economies
2. The brand if promoted and marketed well has the potential to increase its brand recall and awareness
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Bulova are as mentioned:
1. Brands with higher brand recall pose a threat to the sale of Bulova watches
2. Fluctuating economies
3. Global presence affected by dollar price fluctuations
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 2 competitors of Bulova:
High design, style and accuracy watches that are value fro money
Mid to luxury segment
High Income men and women
Watches that are so accurate and stylish that you take notice
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Bulova. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute