Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Clintons analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Clintons SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Clintons to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Clintons is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Clintons SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Clintons competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Clintons:
1. Established Stores Network: over 400 stores all over the UK
2. High on innovation: launched group of stores with new look to re-energise and reinvigorate the group 3. Wide variety of products ranging from cards, gifts, gift wraps, etc 4. Customer friendly shop format
5. Since decades the company is the leading retailer of greeting cards, gifts and wraps
Here are the weaknesses in the Clintons SWOT Analysis:
1. Seasonality: Depends on occasions like wedding, holiday season, etc 2. Non-resistant to financial distress: Underperforming Birthdays unit collapsed into administration and closed more than half of its stores
3. Comes under the category of non-essentials, hence has elastic demand
Following are the Opportunities in Clintons SWOT Analysis:
1. Development of western culture in emerging countries increases
2. Geographical expansion: Can reduce seasonality since each country has its own festivals occurring during a range of time
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Clintons are as mentioned:
1. Growing popularity of electronic messages over traditional greeting cards 2. Eco-friendly regulations advocates less consumption of paper 3. Low barriers to entry in the industry
Below are the top 3 competitors of Clintons:
1. Hallmark 2. The Card Factory 3. Archies
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Clintons. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute