Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of BI-LO analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In BI-LO SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like BI-LO to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. BI-LO is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the BI-LO SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the BI-LO SWOT Analysis:
For BI-LO, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of BI-LO looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of BI-LO :
1. Legacy of serving people since 1961 leading to strong brand equity 2. Offers wide range of fresh and chilled food along like milk, meat and readymade foods. 3. Also present in 200+ stores and employs 63000 people, wide in awareness. 4. Offers best quality products at best prices
5. Acquisition of smaller brands has enhanced the brand image
6. 480+ brands Winn Dixie brand
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the BI-LO SWOT Analysis:
1. The range of food offered is limited compared to other supermarkets which limit the options available to consumers. 2.since it has gone through many acquisitions, brand awareness is a problem.
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in BI-LO SWOT Analysis:
1. More young professionals living away from home and working long hours prefer frozen food. Hence their target group is increasing fast. 2.Increasing purchasing power parity leading to improved lifestyles e.g – more ready to eat foods 3. Expand network, wider product range and reach to people by opening up more flagship stores.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of BI-LO are as mentioned:
1.Robbery attempts and other threats lead to concerns for property loss. 2. Intense competition from corner stores, supermarkets, grocery stores and host of other convenience stores. 3.Lack of large scale space leading to merger of many convenience stores and increase in competition.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of BI-LO:
Offering fresh food on a wide variety at real low prices
People who have irregular working hours or work shifts, have less time for shopping and want to save as much as possible
Working class professionals who want to buy everyday items like milk, milk products, meat and frozen food and still want to buy it cheap.
Fresh Serving customers with best, high quality products and excellent service at the lowest and best value
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to BI-LO. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute