Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Stage Stores Inc analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Stage Stores Inc SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Stage Stores Inc to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Stage Stores Inc is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Stage Stores Inc SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Stage Stores Inc competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Small town and neighborhood retailer dedicated to delivering desirable brand name family apparel with exceptional value and service
Stage Stores Inc STP
People seeking departmental stores for daily needs
Middle/Upper Middle class people
Small town and neighborhood retailer dedicated to delivering desirable brand name family apparel with exceptional value and service.
SWOT Analysis of Stage Stores Inc
Stage Stores Inc Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Stage Stores Inc:
1. A chain with more than 900 stores in 40 states across the USA 2. The stores had strong sales and a strong financial position 3. Nationally recognized brands, such as Tommy Hilfiger, Carter's, Levi Strauss, Chaps, and Polo account for about 85% of sales and are sold alongside Stage Stores' private-label merchandise.
4. Through its Peebles, Bealls, Stage, Palais Royal, and Goody's Family Clothing chains, the retailer offers small-town America moderately priced apparel and accessories, cosmetics, and footwear
5. Regionally a strong brand due its strong focus
Stage Stores Inc Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Stage Stores Inc SWOT Analysis:
1. The new chain called Steele’s was sold to another group. 2. Its profit margin has been deteriorating over the years 3. The net income of the stores also has been seeing a decreasing trend
Stage Stores Inc Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Stage Stores Inc SWOT Analysis:
1. Online sale have been increasing and it gives them an opportunity to increase their revenues.
2. The company’s return on investment has been historically higher and they are coming up with new investors
3. Mobile shopping can help them increase the sales
Stage Stores Inc Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Stage Stores Inc are as mentioned:
1. Competition from other high end retailers 2. Increasing number of boutiques in the country can be a threat
3. The increasing operating costs in the business is hiting the profit margin
Stage Stores Inc Competition
Stage Stores Inc Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Stage Stores Inc:
1. JC Penney Corporation
2. Sears Roebuck and Co 3. Ross Stores Inc
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Stage Stores Inc. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute