Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Filmfare analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Filmfare SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Filmfare to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Filmfare is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The table below lists the Filmfare SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Filmfare competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
India’s most popular and most respected fortnightly film magzine
Film and Bollywood buffs
Bollywood buffs, mostly living in urban India and also abroad
It positions itself as India’s foremost magazine for Bollywood and film news
SWOT Analysis of Filmfare
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Filmfare:
1. It is the most popular and respected film magazine in India. 2. The magazine boasts of a circulation of over 1.4 lakh copies. 3. The Filmafare awards that are hosted by the magazine are the most respected and popular film awards in India. 4. The magazine is published by the Times Group which is the biggest media conglomerate in India.
5. Popular brand and a good reputation amongst its customer base.
Here are the weaknesses in the Filmfare SWOT Analysis:
1. The appeal of the magazine is limited to Bollywood enthusiasts. 2. The magazine is not as popular in small towns and rural areas as it is in the big cities.
Following are the Opportunities in Filmfare SWOT Analysis:
1. The magazine has unrivalled access to most of the famous Bollywood personalities. 2. The magazine can try to increase its already existing international viewership.
3. By releasing the magazine is regional languages, the magazine can increase its popularity in all the small towns and rural areas of India.
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Filmfare are as mentioned:
1. Several TV shows have dedicated shows that offer similar content of Bollywood news and reviews. 2. Several social media platforms like Twitter have become potent sources of information for Bollywood and film news and are also more popular with the youth. 3. The market in which the magazine operates is crowded and competitive.
Below are the top 3 competitors of Filmfare:
1. Stardust 2. Show Time 3. Femina
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Filmfare. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute