Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of NewsWeek analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In NewsWeek SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like NewsWeek to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. NewsWeek is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The table below lists the NewsWeek SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top NewsWeek competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
It is one of the most popular weekly news magazines in USA and internationally
People belonging to middle class and upper middle class
Students and corporates from middle class and upper middle class
A magazine that offers a comprehensive coverage of world events
SWOT Analysis of NewsWeek
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of NewsWeek:
1. It is the second most circulated news weekly in USA. 2. It boasts of a circulation of more than 5 million copies worldwide. 3. The magazine is also the second largest magazine in the USA in terms of ad revenue. 4. The magazine has 4 English language editions and 12 global editions written in local languages.
5. Popular brand and a good reputation amongst its customer base.
Here are the weaknesses in the NewsWeek SWOT Analysis:
1. The local distribution networks of the global editions are not as strong as those of the local magazines.
Following are the Opportunities in NewsWeek SWOT Analysis:
1. The magazine has a good network of global bureaus, reporters and editors which it can leverage upon. 2. It is one of the few magazines that offer coverage of world events; hence it has a good chance of widening its potential readership.
3. The magazine must make good use of the social media and virtual space if it wants to attract young readers.
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of NewsWeek are as mentioned:
1. The magazine operates in a very competitive space alongside some big brand names. 2. Similar content is available on TV and internet at a cheaper cost, thus posing competition. 3. The brand loyalty enjoyed by the magazine is weaker in comparison to its competitors.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to NewsWeek. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute