Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Deccan Chronicle analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Deccan Chronicle SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Deccan Chronicle to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Deccan Chronicle is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The table below lists the Deccan Chronicle SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Deccan Chronicle competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
One of the Largest circulated English-newspaper in South India
Deccan Chronicle STP
English newspaper daily in south India
Urban individual of South Indiaseeking english news
Contains information which helps its loyal readers to get ahead in their lives
SWOT Analysis of Deccan Chronicle
Deccan Chronicle Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Deccan Chronicle:
1. Hyderabad’s largest circulated daily 2. Sponsored Deccan Chargers team in IPLwhich enhanced brand visibility 3. The news coverage is completely unbiased 4. Cartoons are an interesting feature of Deccan Chronicle
5. Extensive coverage of south India along with important national and international events
Deccan Chronicle Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Deccan Chronicle SWOT Analysis:
1. Lost ownership of Deccan Chargers due to non-payment of 100 crore bond as security 2.NSE suspended trading on Deccan Chronicle shares 3.Facing financial crisis and looking forward for investors
Deccan Chronicle Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Deccan Chronicle SWOT Analysis:
1. Can improve its circulation in other states like Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Karnataka to continue its position in South India 2. Use the strong presence in Hyderabad to tap the markets of near-by cities 3. Scale up the operations for innovative and interesting features in the newspaper
Deccan Chronicle Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Deccan Chronicle are as mentioned:
1. Financial instability of Deccan Chronicle 2. Improving position of other newspapers in South India 3. Government regulations to allow trading in NSE
Deccan Chronicle Competition
Deccan Chronicle Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Deccan Chronicle:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Deccan Chronicle. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute