SUN Network Limited SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of SUN Network Limited analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SUN Network Limited SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like SUN Network Limited to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. SUN Network Limited is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The table below lists the SUN Network Limited SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top SUN Network Limited competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Competitive advantage of being first mover in South Indian market
SUN Network Limited STP
All segments of pyramid majorly in South India
India's largest media conglomerate
SWOT Analysis of SUN Network Limited
SUN Network Limited Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of SUN Network Limited:
1.Brand Equity and unique business model
2. Strong distribution backbone using two verticals: one for South Indian promotions and other for international promotions
3. Second largest television network in India, with 20 channels and 43 FM radios in several Indian languages.
4. Brand reputation of world's no.1 Tamil channel that features movies, news, serials and shows - 24 hours a day
5. Has presence in 27 countries including South Africa, Australia, Europe, USA, Canada and Asia
6. Snapped five-year telecast rights for the Karnataka Premier League (KPL)
7. Forayed into the radio broadcasting segment and Print media
8. Competitive advantage of having reach, frequency and patronage
9. Have higher viewership ratings
10. Good political connection
11. Owns variety of television channels and radio stations in multiple languages covering all Indian States
12. Owner of Hyderabad based IPL team known as Sun Risers for revenue generation
SUN Network Limited Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the SUN Network Limited SWOT Analysis:
1.They are known in south only
2. Lack of aggressive promotion and advertisements
3. Content quality and viewer preference have to be constantly monitored
4. Constant need to keep tabs on programmes aired
SUN Network Limited Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in SUN Network Limited SWOT Analysis:
1.Attract customer through more advertisements and subscriptions
2. Launch services in other key markets of India at cheaper rates to increase viewership
3. Generate income from movie distribution and content trading through its subsidiaries
4. Involve in the production, distribution, and acquisition of film content
5. Form strategic alliance with other broadcasting companies to form a distribution venture
6. Identify outdated technologies and update with latest innovations
SUN Network Limited Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of SUN Network Limited are as mentioned:
1.Increased competition with new entrants and more innovation
2. Advertising income revenue is the main revenue component which can fluctuate widely
3. Sharp increase in carriage fees as channels compete for premium placements in prime slots
SUN Network Limited Competition
SUN Network Limited Competitors
Below are the top 4 competitors of SUN Network Limited:
1.Tips Industries Ltd.
3.Prime Focus Ltd.
4. Dish TV India Ltd.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to SUN Network Limited. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute