Reliance Digital TV SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Reliance Digital TV analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Reliance Digital TV SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Reliance Digital TV to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Reliance Digital TV is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The table below lists the Reliance Digital TV SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Reliance Digital TV competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Reliance Digital TV SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning, USP & Brand Analysis Table
Reduce the cost to the consumer by focusing on a market driven by volume
Reliance Digital TV STP
High end commercial users,
Higher-end and lower-end residential users
Full market coverage – Cable dry and cable rich regions,
Urbane and middle income regions
India’s largest integrated telecom service provider by notcompromising on the services offered and gettingsubstantial profit margins to sustain its growth.
SWOT Analysis of Reliance Digital TV
Reliance Digital TV Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Reliance Digital TV:
1. Offers over 250 TV, cinema and audio channels with exclusive English, Hindi and regional languages
2. Digital Picture - Crystal clear picture with MPEG 4 Technology.
Digital Sound - True theatre sound with awesome CD quality 3. Products include standard definition set top boxes, high definition and HD DVR 4. Introduced 32 Pay-Per-View Movie Channels, highest in DTH industry 5. Features like pure digital viewing experience, easy programming guide, interactive services, flexible channel, parental control, 24x7 Customer Service etc.
6. Brand reputation of Reliance
Reliance Digital TV Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Reliance Digital TV SWOT Analysis:
1. Delay in customer service supportat times is a concern 2. Issues like service interruption, advance balance cut without installation, disconnected network etc. 3. Penetration is not much in rural market 4.Signal quality becomes weak after antenna equipment gets rustedand in adverse weather conditions
Reliance Digital TV Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Reliance Digital TV SWOT Analysis:
1. Deliver more channels, latest blockbuster movies and regional movies for complete entertainment 2.Introduce services like i-Stock, i-News and other such interactive services in the future 3. DTH penetration in both C&S households and DTH households
4. Increase aggregate subscriber base
5. Improvised collection mechanism aiding faster and higher recharges
Reliance Digital TV Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Reliance Digital TV are as mentioned:
1. Cable woes such as service breakdowns or channel shifting 2.Price cuts and reduced margins spurred by severe competition 3.Technological changes in set top boxes
4. Limited availability of value added services
5. Seek moderation in multiple taxation regime
6. Churn management and retention costs
Reliance Digital TV Competition
Reliance Digital TV Competitors
Below are the top 5 competitors of Reliance Digital TV:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Reliance Digital TV. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute