The Indian Express SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of The Indian Express analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In The Indian Express SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like The Indian Express to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. The Indian Express is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The table below lists the The Indian Express SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top The Indian Express competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
The Indian Express SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning, USP & Brand Analysis Table
Franchisee model in some places which made the newspaper turn around
The Indian Express STP
English news preferring individuals
English reading literates along with those who follow their news daily
Those who take decisions at the top refer to the say of The Indian Express , thereby positioning itself as the starting point for all that happens in the country
SWOT Analysis of The Indian Express
The Indian Express Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of The Indian Express:
1. Well built up franchise model in remote places where access is difficult 2. Covers the four corners of North India with a good network and 9 publishing centers 3. It is among the top ten position according to the readership ranking of Indian English dailies 4. Maintains an online website with daily e-paper and current updates
5. Good brand presence across India
The Indian Express Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the The Indian Express SWOT Analysis:
1. Underwent a lot of legal battles for ownership since decades which compromised on the quality of journalism as the secondary focus 2.The Indian Express Group got divided into two newspapers-one for south(The New Indian Express) and the other for north(The Indian Express) which may lead to extra costs for gathering information
The Indian Express Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in The Indian Express SWOT Analysis:
1. Can generate more revenue by promoting ads of national brands at low costs 2.Bring some good ads online through YouTube for marketing and increasing the readership 3.Add additional innovative features by understanding the needs of target customer segment
The Indian Express Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of The Indian Express are as mentioned:
1. Cut-throat competition offered by other English national dailies 2.Not as effective in terms of the quality of news as that of the high ranking newspapers in readership 3.Immediate need to move up the ladder in case if it wants to gain new customers beyond the loyal readers
The Indian Express Competition
The Indian Express Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of The Indian Express:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to The Indian Express. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute