Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Star Plus analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Star Plus SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Star Plus to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Star Plus is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The table below lists the Star Plus SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Star Plus competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Star Plus SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning, USP & Brand Analysis Table
Star Plus Brand Analysis
Satellite Television Asia Region (STAR) News Corporation
High quality and largest number of shows for entire family
Star Plus STP
Upper and Middle Class, Mega cities
The same legacy with a modern feel
SWOT Analysis of Star Plus
Star Plus Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Star Plus:
1. Early start as english entertainment channel later became Indian 2. Highly popular in GEC category 3. Shows popular movies 4. HD quality 5. Official channel page 'startv.in' showing all episodes 6. Has special channel 'Star Utsav' to give viewer pleasure of watching old star plus shows again 6. Had legacy of awesome 'once in a week show' eg. 'Ji Pradhan Mantri Ji' etc.
Star Plus Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Star Plus SWOT Analysis:
1. Unable to convince viewer that purpose of some shows is to target 'social issues' as shown in disclaimer 2. Started loosing market share after not been able to get show such as KBC 3. Unnecessary importance is given to TRP
Star Plus Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Star Plus SWOT Analysis:
1. Can make reality shows targeting upcoming singers 2. Can make programmes for children 3. Focus on what viewer wants to see and not what channel want to show
Star Plus Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Star Plus are as mentioned:
1. Loosing market share because of new GECs. Eg.Colors 2. High importance given to TRP ratings prohibit channel itself to think against the stream and to start something different (ie. Need to introduce new programmes not based on reality show)
Star Plus Competition
Star Plus Competitors
Below are the top 6 competitors of Star Plus:
1. Colours 2. Zee TV 3. Sony 4. SAB 5.News Channels in Prime Time (7-9:30) 6. Regional GECs
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Star Plus. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute