Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Star News analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Star News SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Star News to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Star News is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The table below lists the Star News SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Star News competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Star News:
1. Started as an bilingual (English and Hindi) news channel but soon turned out to be Hindi targeting common man of the country
2. Presents a mix of rolling entertainment bulletins and specialized shows covering topics from crime to cricket 3. Attracts approx 25% of market share in 6 metros in India
Star News Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Star News SWOT Analysis:
1. Factual news and highly partial analysis 2. Entertainment and news clubbed together like reality shows on other channels 3. Lack of awareness of consequences of "NEWS" shown 4. Sometimes biased analysis 5. News on 'instant' basis 6. Not focusing on various governmental schemes for common man on suo-motu basis 7. Concept of breaking news is redefined here
Star News Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Star News SWOT Analysis:
1. Can prosper by using its 25% of viewership in metros properly 2. Should focus more on government's new programmes and schemes to educate viewers 3. Need to come out of vicious cycle of what viewers want to see and what channel is offering 4. Need not dedicate whole handsome one hour in peeping behind sets of tv serials
Star News Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Star News are as mentioned:
1. High switching rate of viewer 2. Reduction in rate of intelligent viewers 3. Presenting news in filmy fashion is unacceptable to many viewers 4. Tendancy of not showing news as news is hampering and questioning channel's own talent and abilities
Star News Competition
Star News Competitors
Below are the top 6 competitors of Star News:
1. Aaj Tak 2. Zee News 3. Times Now 4. Other regional news channels 5. Internet 6. Newspaper
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Star News. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute