Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of IPCA Laboratories analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In IPCA Laboratories SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like IPCA Laboratories to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. IPCA Laboratories is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The article below lists the IPCA Laboratories SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the IPCA Laboratories SWOT Analysis:
For IPCA Laboratories, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
IPCA Laboratories Strengths
The strengths of IPCA Laboratories looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of IPCA Laboratories :
1. Worldwide presence in the anti- malaria segment with almost a third of share in the market
2. Company has dosage forms against all malaria disorders
3. A large network of wholesalers, sales and marketing personnel and doctors spread across the country.
4. The sales increased by a considerable amount with the company’s center of attention on the formulation segment
5. Strong and stable financial position
IPCA Laboratories Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the IPCA Laboratories SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition means limited and slow market share growth
2. Focusing on promotional activities and brand building is less.
IPCA Laboratories Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in IPCA Laboratories SWOT Analysis:
1. Increasing demand for therapeutic drugs in the Indian and Chinese market is hovering on the growth in coming decades
2. The acquisition of more and more research based firms will help increase the therapeutic product range to a great extent
3. Expansion in the therapeutic segment in Nutraceutical, nephrology and urology will improve profits
IPCA Laboratories Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of IPCA Laboratories are as mentioned:
1. Reduced funds and infrastructure facilities for public healthcare is the cause of concern
2. Depreciating value of currency poses a threat to the research driven activities
3.Global economic slowdown
IPCA Laboratories Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of IPCA Laboratories:
Health care professionals in the domestic and international market
It is one of the largest pharmaceutical manufacturer & supplier
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to IPCA Laboratories. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute