Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Abengoa analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Abengoa SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Abengoa to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Abengoa is one of the leading brands in the real estate and construction sector.
The article below lists the Abengoa SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Abengoa SWOT Analysis:
For Abengoa, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Abengoa looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Abengoa :
1. Abengoa has signed an agreement with aluminum company Novelis to manage the aluminum dross produced by the recycling plant of Novelis; will make the company self-sufficient in aluminium
2. Abengoa has made strategic acquisitions to strengthen its position
3. Over 25,000 employees form a part of the workforce
4. Presence in 80 countries shows the reach of the brand
5. The company has expertise in echnologies include concentrated solar power, second generation biofuels, and desalination
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Abengoa SWOT Analysis:
1. Decline in operating margins despite increase in revenue over the same period; shows a concern area
2. Geographic limitation for company means limited market share
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Abengoa SWOT Analysis:
1. Positive outlook of the Spanish construction and engineering industry
2. Global penetration in emerging economies
3. Strategic aquisitions and tie-ups would boost company image
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Abengoa are as mentioned:
1. Weak European construction industry 2. Weak economic conditions in Spain a cause of concern 3. Stringent Government regulations - The company is subject to extensive and complex laws and regulations that affect the land
development and construction process, including laws and regulations related to zoning, permitted land uses, levels of density, building design, warranties, storm water, and use of open spaces
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Abengoa:
1. ACS, Actividades de Construcción y Servicios, S.A.
Innovative technology solutions for sustainability
Successful research and implementation of sustainable technology in Spain as well as exporting them globally
Construction and real estate services
Engineering & construction, Concession-type infrastructures and Industrial production
Predominantly Spain; also other European countries
Committed to finding solutions to climate change and putting them into practice
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Abengoa. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute