Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of JGC Corporation analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In JGC Corporation SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like JGC Corporation to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. JGC Corporation is one of the leading brands in the real estate and construction sector.
The article below lists the JGC Corporation SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the JGC Corporation SWOT Analysis:
For JGC Corporation, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
JGC Corporation Strengths
The strengths of JGC Corporation looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of JGC Corporation :
1. With the help of satellite engineering centers, the parent company is able to cover clients in any country of the world, which is commendable
2. Good order backlog by signing a number of big deals in the past recent months. E.g JGC was awarded the EPC Contract for Major Ethylene Plant in the U.S.
3. Great goodwill developed over the years which will help in closing deals. E.g the company donated a total of approximately 18 million yen to support recovery from the damage done by Typhoon Haiyan in the central region of Japan
4. The company has a presence of doing projects in over 70 countries
JGC Corporation Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the JGC Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. Though the company has a number of satellite engineering centers across the globe, majority of its operations are focused in Japan predominantly and other Asian countries. This means that the company hasn’t really diversified its geographical risk and has a chance of losing margins in case of a slowdown in this part of the country
2. Competitive disadvantage due to non-participation in bid for huge projects, when all its competitors in Japan and worldwide participated. This could send a negative vibe among the company’s prospective clients
JGC Corporation Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in JGC Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. Entry into North American market; by signing a major deal, JGC ventured into its first world scale project in North America
2. Opportunity to cash in on the huge relief work post the Japan Earthquake; since Japan is the company’s breeding ground, it could make its position stronger
3. Global expansion through partnerships and acquisitions can boost the company
JGC Corporation Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of JGC Corporation are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition which could affect the company's earnings growth and market share - The competition is becoming increasingly intensive as project opportunities are fewer, while more and more companies are vying for them. Price competition is escalating, especially when it comes to small and medium-sized projects
2. Rising cost of construction material - Prices of other types of steel such as hot rolled plate and cold rolled coil have increased
JGC Corporation Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of JGC Corporation:
A world-class contractor, solution provider and your partner for success
Expertise of working in more than 20,000 projects in 70 countries
JGC Corporation STP
Construction services and real estate
Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa
Planning, engineering, procurement, operation, and construction services
Positioned as a construction company that focuses mainly on construction of chemical plants, research labs and medical facilities
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to JGC Corporation. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute