Obrascon Huarte Lain OHL SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Obrascon Huarte Lain OHL analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Obrascon Huarte Lain OHL SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Obrascon Huarte Lain OHL to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Obrascon Huarte Lain OHL is one of the leading brands in the real estate and construction sector.
The article below lists the Obrascon Huarte Lain OHL SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Obrascon Huarte Lain OHL SWOT Analysis:
For Obrascon Huarte Lain OHL, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Obrascon Huarte Lain OHL Strengths
The strengths of Obrascon Huarte Lain OHL looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Obrascon Huarte Lain OHL :
1. World leader in hospital and railway construction – gives it a competitive advantage while striking deals across the globe
2. Strong appetite for growth – merger between Obrascon and Huarte in January 1998; Lain joins the league in May 1999 to form OHL, as it is known today. Indicates a strong appetite for growth and inorganic expansion
3. Fourth largest contractor in Latin America – has a thriving business in that part of the world which it can leverage upon
4. The parent company OHL group has operations in 5 divisions – concessions, construction, industrial , development and services; the 5 businesses together cover over 30 countries of the world in operations
5. Over 22,000+ people are employed with the organization worldwide
Obrascon Huarte Lain OHL Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Obrascon Huarte Lain OHL SWOT Analysis:
1. Diminishing order backlog – though the company had a good sales turnover the order backlog over the years has been diminishing due to excess competition and current economic conditions
2. Too much concentration geography-wise on Spain – though the company has presence in over 30 countries, majority of its revenues come out of Spain and hence has a risk of losing profits/business when Spanish economy is not doing well.
Obrascon Huarte Lain OHL Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Obrascon Huarte Lain OHL SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion in Czech market through stake in Brno building group – the company recently struck a deal to buy shareholding in Brno building group
2. Positive outlook of the Spanish construction and engineering industry - the Spanish construction and engineering industry is forecast to grow considerably
3. More global business through partnerships and acquisitions
Obrascon Huarte Lain OHL Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Obrascon Huarte Lain OHL are as mentioned:
1. Sluggish US and European construction markets - According to the US Census Bureau, total construction spending was slow. Declining construction spending in these regions will adversely affect the company’s revenues
2. Increase in operating expenses - There are increasing demands to use non-hazardous substances in construction and cement manufacturing including non-lead based paints, recyclable plastics and metals treated with non-carcinogenic chemicals.
3. Improved performance of domestic as well as global competitors
Obrascon Huarte Lain OHL Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Obrascon Huarte Lain OHL:
100 years of experience and significant operations in 30 countries across all five continents
Obrascon Huarte Lain OHL STP
Construction services and real estate
Asia Pacific, Spain, Europe, Latin America, Mexico, MENA Area and North America
Transportation infrastructure, building construction and construction of industrial plant
Positioned as a company that maintains a strong commitment to the principle of prudence
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Obrascon Huarte Lain OHL. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute