Portugal Telecom SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Portugal Telecom, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Portugal Telecom to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Portugal Telecom is one of the leading brands in the telecom service providers sector.
The article below lists the Portugal Telecom SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Portugal Telecom SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Portugal Telecom, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Portugal Telecom looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Portugal Telecom :
1. Extensive Offerings for the customers
2. Strong Operating Margin helping to boost revenues
3. Increasing Liquidity helping the company tide over operating challenges
4. Services present in countries like Cape Verde, Mozambique, Timor, Angola, Kenya, China, Brazil, S. Tomé and Príncipe and Namíbia.
5. The company has active involvement in CSR, areas of education, environment, culture and sport.
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Portugal Telecom SWOT Analysis:
1. Declining Market Share in Sector with growing competition in its core markets of Portugal, Brazil, Angola, Cape Verde, China, Morocco, and Timor regions
2. Global reach across the world is low compared to leading players
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Portugal Telecom SWOT Analysis:
1. Growth in Telecommunications Services across its major markets
2. Demand for Mobile Broadband from its customers and businesses
3. Strategic Agreements and Acquisitions helping to cater to newer markets
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Portugal Telecom are as mentioned:
1. Intense Competition in its traditional markets
2. Rapid Technological Changes making the need for constant upgrade
3. Global Economic Slowdown affecting per customer revenues
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Portugal Telecom:
2. Deutsche Telekom
3. Brasil Telecom
Hence this concludes the Portugal Telecom SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Portugal Telecom Overview|
Espírito Santo Financial Group
Mobile Service Provider
A customer-oriented innovative company
Largest telecommunications service provider in Portugal
|Portugal Telecom STP|
The company operates in the areas of fixed, mobile and multimedia communications, information systems, research and development, satellite communications and international investments.
Corporates and individuals looking for telephony, internet, TV services
A company which serves the best telecom services to its customers
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Portugal Telecom. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us