Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Yamato Holdings analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Yamato Holdings SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Yamato Holdings to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Yamato Holdings is one of the leading brands in the transport and logistics sector.
The article below lists the Yamato Holdings SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Yamato Holdings SWOT Analysis:
For Yamato Holdings, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Yamato Holdings Strengths
The strengths of Yamato Holdings looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Yamato Holdings :
1. It provides same day delivery to anywhere in Singapore trough TA-Q-BIN network 2. Majority market share in door-to-door delivery service in Japan 3. Vehicle maintenance plant to achieve high operational efficiency 4. It consists of 45 subsidiaries and 7 affiliated companies
5. Strong market position and network
Yamato Holdings Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Yamato Holdings SWOT Analysis:
1. High dependency on TA-Q-BIN business for operating revenues 2. Limited global penetration and brand awareness as compared to global leaders
Yamato Holdings Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Yamato Holdings SWOT Analysis:
1. Global expansion and better penetration 2. Increased use of logistics services in sectors such as technology, consumer retail, automotive and industrial 3. Improvement in service through better staff training and stricter control over customer information
Yamato Holdings Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Yamato Holdings are as mentioned:
1. Unexpectedly strict environmental regulations could be enacted 2. Roads and other infrastructure could be damaged as a result of a natural disaster 3. Unstable diesel or other fuel prices
Yamato Holdings Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 2 competitors of Yamato Holdings:
It provides same-day delivery to anywhere in Singapore through TA-Q-BIN service
Yamato Holdings STP
Customers with road transportation and logistics requirement
Goods delivery among homes, office, hotels, airports, service centres
Japan’s largest door-to-door delivery service company
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Yamato Holdings. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute