Top 10 Pharma Companies in World 2016

Posted in Top Brand Lists, Total Reads: 5686

2. Roche

Roche is the second top pharmaceutical company in the world and had annual revenue of $49.108 billion, R & D expenditure of $9.519 billion and a basic EPS of $10.628.

Roche was founded in 1964 and is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with over 88,000 employees worldwide. Roche was featured #189 in the Fortune 500 Companies list, 2015, up from #196 in 2014.


Genentech and Ventana are subsidiary companies of Roche. Roche plays in two major verticals, Pharmaceuticals and Diagnostics, with over 40 drugs in the Pharmaceuticals vertical. The Pharmaceuticals Division contributed to 77.5% of the overall annual revenue (majorly contributed by Oncology and Immunology drugs) while the Diagnostics Division contributed to the remaining 22.5% of the overall annual revenue. Roche emerges as the market leader in the in vitro diagnostics business and about 15 billion diagnostic tests were carried out worldwide using Roche instruments, globally.

In 2015, Roche received a number of approvals like the US Approval of Alecensa in a type of lung cancer and the EU approval of Avastin in advanced cervical cancer. Roche has about 70 new molecular entities undergoing various phases on clinical trials in its product portfolio. FDA approval of Roche’s atezolizumab (Tecentriq), a drug for treating advanced bladder cancer, in May 2016, is one thing that is going to help Roche stay as a sustainable healthcare company focused on innovation.

Annual Revenue: 49.108 billion USD

R & D Expenditure: 9.519 billion USD

Basic EPS: 10.628 USD

Looking for Similar Lists, Browse more Top Lists

Share this Page on:
Facebook ShareTweetShare on G+Share on Linkedin