SWOT Analysis of Air Berlin with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Air Berlin GmbH
Germany's Second largest airline in terms of passengers carried
Middle Class/ Business Class
Passengers looking for comfort at low price
Low cost carrier providing quality travel
1. Air Berlin has its own pilot training program and was the first German flying school to receive training approval from the German Aviation Authority 2. It has a unique positioning in the market between LCC and traditional carriers which is difficult to emulate and capture 3. Very user friendly website as compared to other Air lines 4. Recipient of Business Travel Award and Best low cost airline award in 2010 and hence a very strong brand image
5. Carried over 33 million passengers annually, connecting Europe, S.E. Asia, Americas and Carribean
1. Advertising and PR activities are a low-key affair at Air Berlin compared to market leaders 2. With increasing expectations of travelers it will be difficult to provide the services at low cost
1. Acquisition of LTU ensures a smooth entry into long-haul market, LTU offers 23 routes to North America, Africa and Asia 2. Flight School of Air Berlin can be an additional and important source of income 3. Leverage on the fact that company operates one of the industry's youngest fleet (average age was 4.5 years)
1. Promotion of new routes earned through M&A could affect the demand of existing routes 2. Direct competition based on fares by other players on all its major routes 3. In Eastern Europe regions competition might increasing due to alternate modes of transport being available at lower fares
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Air Berlin. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.