90+ Group Discussion (GD) Topics 2022 with Answers
Last Updated: January 13, 2022
Group discussion preparation is very important these days in any selection and recruitment process. GD topics with answers are covered in this Section. The section has 90+ Group Discussion Topics on various categories like current affairs, news, business, management, social, sports, education, technology, environment etc. These GD topics are useful for MBA students, aspirants & professionals. These group discussion topics are important while applying for a job, admission or any selection process.
The GD topics in this section are written in a unique format with answers, conclusion and related facts. Each group discussion is in a conversational format among 4-6 people discussing a topic with points in favor and against. These can help students & professionals prepare well on any topic which is given for discussion.
What are the various types of Group Discussion Topics?
GD topics can be asked at various institutes and companies in various categories below.
1. Current Affairs topics are the most common types of Group Discussion topics which cover local as well as global news and trends.
2. Business and Management topics are another popular choice as the selection process is mainly for business profiles.
3. Social Group Discussion Topics cover the issues prevalent in society and are quite relevant and important if you are preparing for group discussions
4. Sports and Entertainment GD Topics are generic and cover topics in field of sports, media, entertainment etc.
5. Education and Academics GD topics cover educational and academic discussions which can be very interesting at times.
6. Technology and Science GD Topics are also one of the most common category of topics which is asked during group discussions.
7. Abstract GD topics are random topics which are given in Group discussions to check the imagination and creativity of the members.
8. Environmental GD Topics are pertaining mainly to burning current issues in environment, nature, wildlife etc.
Each one of the group discussion topics follows a conversation format among 5-6 candidates. We have made a list of common GD topics which can be asked at many places like colleges as well as professionally. Commonly Group Discussions are first step in the process of screening in many admissions for premier B-Schools and sometimes jobs across the world followed by other.
What is a Group Discussion (GD)?
Group discussion or GD is a debate or discussion among 3 or more people or candidates on a particular topic. Group discussion is selection process tool which is used to evaluate candidates based on certain qualities like knowledge, leadership, communication skills etc. Group discussions topics are used to shortlist candidates before interviews, MBA students for campus recruitment or by colleges to shortlist aspirants, where participation is in huge numbers.
How to prepare for Group Discussion (GD) topics?
Preparing for a group discussion requires immense practice, learning, studying which can be done through mock GD’s and certain Group Discussion Tips. A candidate must prepare by studying various useful GD topics which can help him/her to understand the group discussion structure and flow. Some of the best Group Discussion topics are the ones which are relevant to your geography, profession and your goal. If you are applying in finance area, you should prepare on financial topics as there is high probability of them being asked.
There are certain points which can be followed in a typical group discussion.
Which are the important GD topics that can be asked?
Group Discussion topics can be abstract, current affairs, news, subjects of historical importance etc. The important GD topics depend on your target and the region or country you are living in. The recent group discussion topics are the most important when it comes to preparing for your goal.
You should also prepare for general Group Discussion topics like technology, social media, immigration, globalization, global warming etc.
You should always be prepared by keeping yourself aware of all what is going around you in terms of news and trends. Also keep in touch with your colleagues and friends on what are the trending topics in Group discussion. You can have a discussion with your family on what they think is important going on in world of business, sports, media and overall.