SWOT Analysis of KLM with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Journeys of inspiration
Oldest airline in the world still operating under its original name
People looking for comfort and punctuality
Upper middle class urban
Oldest operational airline which has the maximum experience
1. A very positive image amongst the customers 2. Besides Sky Team, the company has code-sharing agreement with 28 other airlines, thus reach of KLM is vast 3. Good brand image because of KLM AirCares, a programme that aids underprivileged children 4. Average age of fleet is less which comprises 210+ aircrafts
5. Good advertising and branding have made it a top brand recall
1. Job losses and capacity cuts have led to job insecurity causing concern 2. The Dutch government having significant voting rights causes operational inefficiency
1. Opportunities for expansion in the LCC segment
2. More efficient aircrafts in development by both Boeing and Airbus: greater passenger capacity can lead to reduced costs per seat
3. Sustainable growth opportunities, it will help to gain access to any market that will increase the quality its network
1. Government bailouts for competitors may lead to unfair competition also governmental interference with respect to consolidations is a problem 2. Local airlines could pick up short-distance non-business passengers.
Small, privately-owned charter airlines in the US could compete for
3. Increasing environmental concerns may lead to higher taxes
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.