SWOT Analysis of WestJet Airlines with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
WestJet Airlines Ltd
Because owners care
Non-unionized company with over 8000 employees
Frequent airline travellers
Middle class and upper middle class
Low cost carrier for Cost conscious customers
1. Having the lowest airfare costs in Canada gives competitive advantage 2. Recipient of the Canadian Airline of the year award resulting in very high morale of employees 3. Strong brand image in Canada as offering a safe, customer focused and enjoyable air travel 4. Non-unionized labour force keeping costs and risk of labour disputes low
5. Good brand reputation and presence
1. Lack of many Trans-Continental flights 2. It does not provide any sort of first class seating which can be a factor for losing higher class travelers 3. Being a low cost carrier, in-flight entertainment and snacks are being compromised which is of concern to many passengers
1. Strategic alliances through code sharing and interline airline with American Airlines and Cathy Pacific will enable a strong network of operations and marketing 2. Leverage the user-friendly vacation planning site called WestJet Vacations
1. Fluctuating economy reduces demand 2. With increasing cost of fuel it will difficult to provide services at low fares 3. As WestJet expands internationally, it has to face competition from experienced and well established airlines
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to WestJet Airlines. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.