1. Volkswagen has a wide range of cars which provides enough options to choose from
2. Volkswagen has a high brand presence and recall 3. One of the oldest car manufacturers, resulting into increased reach to masses 4. Owner of Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Skoda which gives a wide and large customer base 5. Has over 350,000 employees globally 6. Volkswagen has manufacturing or assembly plants in Germany, Slovakia, China, India, Indonesia, Russia, Brazil, Argentina, Portugal, Spain, Poland, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and South Africa 7. Volkswagen also has presence in hybrid cars and motorsports
8. Excellent advertising and marketing through TVCs, print media, online ads, hoardings etc
9. The company has been rewarded for its cars and services to customers
1. Intense competition from global car manufacturing companies means limited market share growth for Volkswagen
2. Controversy and fraud about the emissions of the cars caused global brand image loss
1. Create long term relationships with non-German car manufacturers
2. Implementing continuous innovations in cars to stand competition can boost Volkswagen
3. Volkswagen can enter different markets by offering cars with features attractive for the targeted market 4. Increasing purchasing power of people
1. Innovative features included by competitors can affect market share of Volkswagen
2. Increasing fuel costs can reduce purchase of cars 3. Government regulations and policies to protect interest of local car manufacturers e.g. TATA in India
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Volkswagen. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.