SWOT Analysis of Proton Cars with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Passenger Cars (Sedan, Hatches & SUVs)
Japanese Technology, Malaysian Style.
Mass Market automobiles sector
Upper middle class
Cars manufactured with Japanese Technology
1. Proton is a Malaysian national automobile manufacturer. 2. Proton Holdings Berhad is the holding company which is listed on the Bursa Malaysia. 3. 14,000+ Proton cars were exported annually to other countries 4. Proton exports cars to the United Kingdom, South Africa, and Australia and the company is aggressively marketing its cars in several other countries including the Middle East. 5. Proton cars has also been exporting a small volume of cars to other countries like Singapore, Brunei, Indonesia, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Taiwan, Cyprus, Mauritius
1. It lacks variety in its product portfolio 2. Brand recall and market share is quite less as compared to global leaders
1. Acquisitions of strategic brands 2.Emerging markets and expansion abroad 3.Increasing demand for hybrid electric vehicles
4. There is opportunity to benefit from over 100 patents held through subsidiaries
5. It can get into hybrid vehicles, as they have already made investments in the technology
1. Low cost substitutes being marketed by Chinese manufacturers 2.The macro-economic situations are leading to lower sales for all automobile manufacturers 3.Since it was previously a govt. owned company it still suffers from bureaucratic issues
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.