CIMB Group Holdings SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Banking & Financial Services, Total Reads: 5568
SWOT Analysis of CIMB Group Holdings with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
CIMB Group Holdings
CIMB Group Holdings Berhad (CGHB)
Banking & Asset Management
Banking, Financial Services, Markets
Forward Banking; ASEAN for you
Regional universal bank operating in growing ASEAN economies
To be Southeast Asia’s Most Valued Universal Bank
1. Malaysia’s second largest financial services provider and one of Southeast Asia’s leading universal banking groups 2. Large customer base of about 7 million customers in over 14 countries 3. CIMB Group has the widest retail branch network across the ASEAN region 4. With over 40,000 employees, CIMB Group reaches 83% of the ASEAN population, representing 89% of the region’s gross domestic product
5. It operates across ASEAN under several corporate entities
1. Competition from international banks means limited market growth
2. Presence restricted to South East Asian nations only.
1. Opportunity to acquire customers outside ASEAN. 2. Products to help small scale entrepreneurs. 3. New organization structure & training programmes for employees.
4. Optimization of the existing franchise and improvement in areas such as SME banking and cross-selling.
1. Natural disasters, i.e, Tsunami and Earthquakes. 2. Business income comes from ASEAN region, so any adverse situation in politics or financial markets can lead to huge losses. 3. Global slowdown.
1. AMMB Holdings Berhad 2. DBS group holdings Ltd 3. Edaran Otomobil Nasional Berhad
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.