Regions Financial SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Banking & Financial Services, Total Reads: 2178
SWOT Analysis of Regions Financial with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Banking and Financial Services
Focused on delivering a wide variety of services that meets the customer needs and offering them at a fair price
Segments the market into 3 parts: personal, commercial and investment segments
Targets the commercial and investment segments
Creating shared value- when the customers win, the bank wins
1. Regions Financial has approximately 2000+ ATMs and 1,700 banking offices thereby providing quick services to people.
2. In an industrywide stress test conducted by the Federal Reserve, and Regions Financial ranked fifth of the 19 banks in its Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review.
3. Money obtained from the sale of Morgan Keegan gave an opportunity to focus more on the fundamentals of the core business.
4. The company has been successful in improving deposit mix and lowering its overall deposit cost.
1. Its operations are concentrated only in a few states in the US. The company operates in just 16 states of the 50 states in the US which increases the risk due to the events that affect the local state economies.
2. The company experienced a decline in the non-interest income due to the decline in the service charges on the deposit accounts, capital markets and investment income.
1. The company re-entered the credit card segment with the purchase of credit card portfolio from FIA Card Services. It can capitalize on this segment and increase the customer base.
2. Regions Bank's primary business provides commercial and retail banking services to its customers throughout its presence in the US and with the growing US banking sector, it can improve its top line services.
3. The company can increase its presence in the global markets by acquiring regional banks. In line with this strategy, the company acquired the deposits of two failing banks, Integrity Bank and FirstBank Financial Services.
1. Business performance of financial services companies such as Regions Financial change dramatically with the modifications in regulatory and legislative actions and reforms such as the recent additions in the Dodd-Frank act.
2. Illegal online activities are on the rise and this poses a major threat to not just the customers but to Regions financial as well as it offers a vast variety of internet based services to its clients.
3. Due to its concentration in the US region, it is affected to the uncertainties in the US market
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Regions Financial. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.