Posted in Banking & Financial Services, Total Reads: 935
SWOT Analysis of First Rand Bank with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
First Rand Bank
First Rand Group
Banking and Financial Services
The banking group is one of the largest banks in South Africa.
South African savers and home owners.
South African nationals and corporate.
The bank aims to be South Africa’s bank of choice.
1. First Rand Banking group forms one of the largest banks in South Africa and whole of sub-Saharan Africa. 2. The bank has operations in India as well as in Australia. It also has operations in 5 neighboring African countries
3. The bank has very strong total assets 4. The bank operations are supported by a strong staff of over 37000. It has over 800 branches or equivalent centers.
5. The ordinary dividend per share has been increased substantially, which is a strong indication of sustained growth in the future.
6. The bank has been engaged in a lot of socially responsible activities such as funding for food security, education, environment etc.
7. The bank has seen a steady increase in its Return on Equity (ROE)
1. The unstable political conditions in some of the African countries can affect the operations of the bank in an adverse manner. 2. The credit rating agencies have rated First Rand bonds as BBB and outlook as negative (S&P ratings). The sovereign rating of South Africa as a whole is BBB.
1. The bank can expand its international operations, especially in relatively more stable economies such as Australia and India. 2. The bank can come up with innovative schemes which can unleash the potential in emerging economies. 3. The bank can acquire other banks and expand its operations through M&A activities.
1. The bank faces the risk of the other party not meeting their obligations, resulting in bad debt. 2. The bank faces risk of being exposed to foreign exchange rate volatility since it has operations overseas. 3. Regulatory changes in South Africa as well as countries such as India and Australia can affect the operations of the bank adversely.
1. Standard Bank of South Africa 2.African Bank Ltd. 3. Imperial Bank South Africa Ltd.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.