SWOT Analysis of Exelon Corporation with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Largest competitive power generator in the U.S.
Retail customers, Industries, Government agencies etc
States of the Mid-west, Mid-Atlantic, Texas and California in the U.S.
Leading Power Generator in the U.S. focused mainly on Nuclear Power
1. Has large installed capacity - approx 4 GW , and has 27000 employees and 6.5 million+ customers 2. Has a portfolio of Nuclear, Hydro, Solar, Wind, Geothermal and Thermal power plants 3. Financially sound with consistent revenue
4. Ranked as a top electric company by Fortune 500 and Ranked as #1 U.S. utility
5. Strong employee base of approx 20,000
1. Legal issues :Emission issues - Paid a $ 0.6mn fine for emission issues in 2004, Security issues – paid $65000 fine in 2009 for lack of adequate security at its nuclear plants
2. Involved in an alleged political controversy
1.Increasing demand for power in the U.S.
2.Non-conventional sources of power 3.Expansion into Central and Latin America where there is a great demand for power
1.Environmental Liabilities 2.Legals Restrictions on the use of Nuclear power
3. Consolidation in the U.S. power sector
1.Pacific Gas and Electric 2.South California Edison
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.