SWOT Analysis of Santos Energy with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Oil and Gas
We have the energy
An Australian energy pioneer since 1954
Enterprises and individuals with energy requirements
Entities which need crude oil, natural gas, naptha, LPG and condensate
Australia's largest domestic gas producer
1. It has a substantial asset base across Australia, Bangladesh, India, Vietnam, Papua New Guinea, Kyrgyztan, Indonesia
2. Santos has a strong track record of reserves replacement which is an important target to drive long-term shareholder value growth. 3. Strong oil production which has helped the company lift its revenue considerably
4. The company has nearly 2000 employees
5. One of the largest energy companies in Australia with a considerable presence in the industry
1. Increasing operational and manufacturing costs have been affecting the company’s margins
2. A smaller workforce means the opportunities to grow rapidly is restricted
1. Farm-out agreements with Victoria Petroleum And Karoon Gas Australia Ltd. Will help the company substantially improve its operations and profitability 2. Successful operation in the South Australian Cooper Basin shale gas joint venture it holds with Beach Energy which made it Australia’s first commercial production of gas from a shale well
1. Volatile global prices of oil and gas , in whose exploration and production the company is engaged in, can adversely impact its business 2. Intense competition from other larger firms in the industry, which have larger reserves, revenue and outreach, can make it lose its market share 3. Stringent emission standards arising from governmental laws and regulations can adversely impact its operations and reduce revenue
1. Oil Search Ltd. 2. Bounty Oil and Gas NL 3. Pryme Energy Ltd 4. Aurora Oil and Gas Ltd.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Santos Energy. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.