SWOT Analysis of Lakme with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
HUL (Hindustan Unilever)
Personal Care – Cosmetics
Lakme Reinvent; Beauty Sutra; Inspired haircare
Lakme brings expert products and services that are borne out of true understanding of the needs of the Indian woman
Women looking for personal care items – Cosmetics, Skin Care & hair styling products.
All Indian Women from middle and upper class
Lakme is a brand that takes care of women and their beauty needs
Lakme SWOT Analysis
1. Lakme was the first major beauty brand in India with a legacy of over 60 years 2. Has a foot print of over 1200 assisted sales outlets, which is the largest span of outlets with “Beauty Advisors” in the country 3. Vast range of products and services offered 4. Has a strong market share across India 5. Lakme started its new business in the beauty industry by setting up Lakme Beauty Salons all over India 6. Lakmé brand boasts over 300 products, used in professional hair salons in over 70 countries around the world
7. Brand extension to beauty services through Lakme Beauty Salons
1. People with sensitive skin avoid skincare products 2. Intense competition means limited market share growth for Lakme
1. Improving its bond with beauty and fashion is through the Lakme Fashion Week, which is now the largest fashion event of its kind in the country 2. Lakme Beauty Training Academies can boost the brand's presence
3. Global reach by advertising and tieups can increase the company's business
1. International brands coming into the domestic cosmetics market can be a threat to the market share held by Lakme over the years 2. Availability of cheap local brands and imitations
3. Global operations of Lakme can be affected by fluctuating market scenario
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Lakme. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.