SWOT Analysis of Campbell Soup with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Campbell Soup Company
Food and Beverages
It's Amazing What Soup Can Do! ; Mmm Mmm Good
Continuously delivering innovative & high quality products
Product segments: the simple meals division, which consists largely of soups, the baked snacks division and the health beverages division consisting of juices, etc.
Housewives, chefs, restaurants
Nourishing people’s lives everywhere, every day
1. Steady sales figures over the years 2. SubstantialMarket Share in Retail Sales of U.S. in the Wet Soup category 3. Promising breakthrough innovation
4. Low production costs due to large size of the company ensure that prices 20- 25% higher than generic brands while maintaining a high level of quality
5. Campbell’s products are sold in 120 countries around the globe
1. Gross margins were impacted by cost inflation 2.Rise in raw material costsas well as volatile gas prices 3.Extremely competitive soup market
1.Stabilizing and then profitably growing its North America soup and simple meals business
2. Expanding its international presence, particularly in emerging markets 3. Continuing to grow its healthy beverages and baked snacks businesses
4. Leveraging on the initial success of integration of Bolthouse into Campbell’s business for future growth
1. Growing share of private label in the condensed soup market as it may affect pricing structure of Campbell 2.Low adoption rates of new productsas it might lead to heavy promotional and marketing spends thus reducing margins 3. Laws and regulations on the safety of meat products used
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Campbell Soup. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.