SWOT Analysis of Applebee’s with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Restaurants: casual dining category
Food and Beverages
See You Tomorrow
Half rate entrée place for office going people in the afternoon and the open the midnight place for game night, girls night, karaoke night, etc. popularly called as Club Applebee’s
Grill and Bar Segment
Middle class, all age groups
Fun and family-friendly neighborhood restaurant with healthy under 550 calorie menu items
1. A wide location base of almost 2000 restaurants 2. A comprehensive and reasonably priced menu 3. Innovative R&D department e.g. ‘Tableside Tablet Initiative’ 4. Low capital investment through 99% franchised restaurant base
5. Better management of advertising, brand management, R&D and strategy under the franchisee setup
1. Limited menu for vegetarians 2. Little scope of micro-management 3. Tough to monitor quality due to franchisee setup and limited geographic presence
1. ‘Clubbing at Bee’s’ for 20s – 30s age group 2. Rise in beverage demand with higher margins 3. Movement towards low-calorie food items
1. Recent vegan movement in USA 2. Family based casual diners reaction to Club Applebee’s (late night bar setup) 3. Increased competition from local other casual dining chains and independent restaurants
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Applebee’s. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.