Posted in Heavy Equipment & Engineering, Total Reads: 6050
SWOT Analysis of Cummins with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Cummins Inc., U.S.
Heavy Equipment and Engineering
Making people’s lives better by unleashing the power of Cummins
Provides end to end solutions when it comes to Engines
People and businesses who want Diesel engines and related technology around the world
Customers expecting top quality design, manufacture, distribution network, service and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems.
Exceed expectations, consistently; Exceeding customer expectations by always being first to market with the best products
1. Leading manufacturer of Diesel Engines 2. Consistent top line growth
3. Strong R&D facility and product pipeline
4.Also has entered into related businesses like filters, turbochargers, batteries etc
5. Significant presence in many developing countries
6. It has a strong workforce of over 40,000
7. Cummins has over 5,000 facilities in 197 countries and territories
1.Heavy dependence on few suppliers
2. Tough competition means limited market share
1.Opportunities in the Asian market 2.Rise in the demand for Diesel engines worldwide
3. Strategic joint ventures with Fluid companies, OEM’s etc. could pave the way for independent business units
4. Tightening of Emission standards
5. Growth in filtration market
1. Intense competitive pressure 2. Rising labor wages in the U.S.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Cummins. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.