Air Products and Chemicals Inc. SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Industrial Products and Chemicals, Total Reads: 2898
SWOT Analysis of Air Products and Chemicals Inc. with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Air Products and Chemicals Inc.
Air Products and Chemicals Inc.
Industrial gases/Specialty chemicals
We make the world more productive, energy efficient and sustainable
The one & only integrated gases & chemicals company in the world, serving a multitude of diverse industries & businesses.
Businesses looking for consistency & quality of products, with safety and responsibility towards the customers.
Diverse businesses –adhesives, agriculture, chemicals, construction, energy, electronics, F&B, healthcare, mining, paints, minerals, personal care, pharmaceuticals, transportation, etc.
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day.
1. Wide customer base in diverse markets like merchant gases, tonnage gases, equipment & energy and electronics & performance materials. 2. Diversified geographic presence in more than 40 countries with an employee base of more than 40,000. 3. Steady growth in revenue & operating profit 4. Increasing liquidity through growing demands and sustained expansion in diverse territories.
5. Strengthening operational performance by driving increased productivity to the bottom line.
6. Strong solvency position as compared to the risks that Air Products is exposed to.
1. Outstanding litigations and legal proceedings against environmental violations and labor unions have crippled the productivity and created business losses. 2. Substantial debt that has been repaid to some extent continues to look bleak on the company’s balance sheets
1. Strategic acquisitions of Xebec Adsorption Inc.’s advanced adsorption technology and DuPont’s interest in DuPont Air Products Nano Materials LLC to gain 50 % share in DuPont’s industrial gases manufacturing units have created a big opportunity for Air Products to expand their business and create a wider stronghold. 2. Expansions in Europe, Russia, China, India & Japan and other emerging economies have resulted in new avenues for growth of the group. 3. Contracts with Exxon Mobil in order to increase energy efficiency and reduce CO2 emissions.
4. Increase in automobile sales in the US has created a strong demand by automobile companies for an increased supply of industrial gases.
5. Increase in global energy consumption has also resulted in an increase in the demand for industrial gases.
6. Positive outlook of the chemicals industry over the next decade is looking good for the company’s future growth.
1. Strong competition, especially from Praxair 2. Risks associated with conducting business outside US, especially in the Middle East countries 3. Impact of natural disasters, such as Hurricane Katrina, have created doubts on plant & worker safety
4. Economic instability of the EU nations, is hampering the expansion & profitability of the company
5. Rising labor costs in the US have increased labor demands and strikes
6. Shortage of skilled labor is a big deterrent in the company’s growth.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Air Products and Chemicals Inc.. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.