Posted in Industrial Products and Chemicals, Total Reads: 2337
SWOT Analysis of Agrium Inc with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Where the future is growing; Feeding a Growing World
The only publicly traded company that crosses the entire agricultural value-chain
Businesses focused on improving quality and sustainability of their fertilizers.
Farmers and businesses using fertilizers for crop protection and growth.
Major retail supplier of agricultural products and services in North and South America.
1. The company operates more than 500 retail centres in the U.S and South America under the brand names Western Farm Service, Crop Production Services, and AgroserviciosPampeanos S.A.[ 2. Agrium Advanced Technologies focuses on consumer benefit as well as environmental growth. 3. They have pricing power over suppliers and customers in the North and South American region. 4. Awards in October 2008 and 2009 as one of Alberta’s top employers and Canada’s top employers respectively.
1. Violations of environmental regulations affect brand image 2. Lack of strong partnerships with distributors outside the American continent.
1. Expansion measures in full swing, especially in the emerging economies in the Asian continent. 2. Emergence of new technologies in the agricultural sector. 3. There is a lot of demand from India and China in the commodities space.
4. International trade with Asian and European economies will add to foreign exchange reserves.
1. Stricter environmental regulations in the agricultural and fertilizer sector. 2. The industry is very volatile with increasing demand for more sustainable products and emergence of new players. 3. Emergence of substitutes for Agrium’s products.
1. Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc. 2.CF Industries Holdings Inc. 3. Yara International ASA
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.