SWOT Analysis of Dell with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
IT and Technology
Power to do More, Yours is here
Dell offers customization of products as per customer
People looking for customized laptops & PCs
Home Users, Governmental institutions, Large Corporate and Students from urban sector
Customer’s choice of PC / laptop and customer’s tailored service provider
Dell SWOT Analysis
1. Dell has reliability and excellent customer service along with strong brand loyalty 2. Direct Model Approach, it provides Dell a way to interact to customers directly, thereby providing them the way for cross selling to their other products 3. Has approximately 100,000+ employees worldwide 4. The customization of products, online and offline by customers helps them to configure their products as per the needs
5. Acquisitions have strengthened Dell's position in the global market
6. Dell ProSupport is an excellent service feature providing customer service 24x7 for the entire year
7. Strong advertising & branding make it a popular laptop & PC brand
1 Market share growth is slow due to competition; Fake products/ imitations affect sales 2. Lack of Dell Stores as main business is done online, can be an issue for some customers.
1. With increase in e-commerce the online retail stores of Dell provide them better framework to tap new business
2. The Direct approach Model of Dell would help them there existing to sell the other IT products, so new product development opportunity is for the company
3. Dell can target low priced tabs to capture emerging markets & rural areas
4. Tie-ups with research institutes, schools, colleges etc can further boost the company's business
1. With the increase in innovation in the market the computer systems are becoming outdated, so Dell should constantly come out with new products 2. People need the quality products at low price which was Dell strength due to it’s customize solution, but now its competitors are coming up with products in same price range 3. Technological advancement constant, hence breakthrough innovation is essential
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Dell. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.