SWOT Analysis of EMI Group with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
EMI Group – Owned by Sony
Music Publishing and Recorded Music
IT & Technology
Where Songs Live
Has over 100 recording labels featuring some of the greatest rock and pop artists
Music CDs and recordings
Youth and college going population that are highly influenced by music
Associated with some of the best artists and compositions in the industry.
1. Strong global presence with a market in over 50 countries 2. World’s largest independent music company with a good market share 3. Its financial performance has shown a strong growth in the past few years 4. It has a world class artist roster that has been helping it increase its sales on a regular basis
1. It has a very weak presence in the US market where there is a potential to grow 2. It has been slowly losing market share to other major global players even in the UK 3. It has shown very reduced performance in the past few years
1. Expansion into different countries would help them maintain their market share 2. Exploit the digital market space by selling songs online 3. Joint ventures have helped EMI in the past and the company should explore such opportunities to enter new markets
4. The company can organize special searches to hunt for potential talent that it can collaborate with
1. Limited growth of music industry with the onslaught of piracy in digital content 2. High competition in the industry 3. Poaching of good artists by the bigger players in the market
4. Peer sharing sites like Napster which allow for easy download of songs without the company getting any revenue from the sale
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.