SWOT Analysis of ASOS with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Clothing & Retail
Discover fashion online
One – stop fashion destination
Fashion and beauty products
Positioned as a platform to inspire and power your fashion discovery
1. Sells over 850 brands as well as its own range of clothing and accessories 2. Innovative ways to display merchandise to customers and interactive ways to shop, including customer created looks, company edited fashion trends, and the ASOS marketplace. 3. UK's largest independent online and fashion beauty retailer 4. Connects with its customers through social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Youtube, and Google+
5. International expansion and growth with sales growth outside of UK
6. New international supply chain platform, Allport, increases visibility and cooperation across ASOS’ international supply chain
7. Has over 4000 employees as a part of the organization
8. It has its business spread over 200 countries
1. The free shipping service provided by ASOS costs the company 100 million pounds on an annual basis.
2. Around 30% of purchases are returned to the company, resulting in additionally shipping charges for ASOS
1. Consumers are willing to spend more money on unique products 2.Increasing mobile penetration helps people to make more purchases from mobile platforms 3. Globalization is expanding the reach of retailers, as they are able to connect with consumers across the globe and grow their businesses
1. Larger retailers existing in both digital and physical form may have more brand recognition than ASOS, as they gain consumers through foot traffic as well as their online platform.
2. Uncertain economic times
1.Bohoo 2.N Brown 3.Marks & Spencer 4.Tesco 5.New Look
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to ASOS. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.