Posted in Lifestyle and Retail, Total Reads: 29302
SWOT Analysis of Puma with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Puma Societas Europa Incorporation
Apparel and accessories
Lifestyle and Retail
Be Light; Celebrate Anytime Anywhere
Puma products are based on innovation and ultimate comfort in the apparel and shoes
Sportsmen, Men and women who like sporty energetic apparel with a spray of uniqueness in their apparel.
Urban young upper middle class and upper class Men and Women
Puma is an international brand with creativity, energy and style in their apparel at a very affordable price.
Puma SWOT Analysis
1. Puma is established over 90 countries and employs around 8300 employees all over the world.
2. Puma is the main producer of enthusiast droving shoes and racing suits in both Formula One and NASCAR.
3. It has entered into partnerships with famous companies like Ferrari and BMW.
4. Puma brand is very innovative and has a very rich Research and Development team. The Company produced the first screw boots for football and “Mexico 68” with the innovative brush soles, which were the most comfortable running shoes.
5. It has an excellent brand name throughout the world.
6. The brand has excellent management and marketing strategies and has the advertised the products very well and eye-catching throughout the world.
7. Puma has entered into sponsorships with various players and teams in different sects of the sporting industry.
8. Puma was the official sponsor of the FIFA football World Cup
9. More than 11000+ people are employed with the organization
1.Puma has tough competition and limited market share compared to Nike and Adidas
2.High brand switching means difficult to have loyal customer base
1. The company can attain more sponsorship as more international events in the sporting industry are taking place.
2. Puma can start entering the lifestyle section of the industry
3. More advertising and branding to tap newer customers
5. Puma still has to increase its foothold in the emerging market
1. Being a global brand, Puma's business is affected by recession and economic slowdown
2. There is extensive competition from existing players an new players which is growing in the industry.
3. Imitations of Puma brand is extensively increasing causing losses
4. Government policies and regulations can affect business operations
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Puma. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.