SWOT Analysis of Dollar General with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Dollar General Corp.
Lifestyle and Retail
Save Time. Save Money. Every day!
Small shopping plazas or strip malls in local neighborhoods
Customers looking for consumer goods at discounted prices
Target Corporation Group
Middle and upper middle class households
Dollar General has more locations than any other retailer in America
1. Present in more than 10,000+ locations 2. More than 90,000 employees 3. Private label- "DG" as a brand for "inexpensive" household products sold through the Dollar General stores 4. Exclusive distributor for Rexall products
5. Popular brand visibility as it has emerged through popular word of mouth
6. Association with motorsport events has enhanced image
1.High inventory at warehouses is a concern and Store size is not very large
2. Global penetration is less compared to international retail leaders
1. Tapping the international market specially emerging economies
2. Acquisition of smaller retail chains
3. More visibility through advertising and customer focused services
1.Operatinal costs are increasing day by day 2.Competition from local players
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.