Starwood Hotels and Resorts SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Tourism and Hospitality, Total Reads: 19156
SWOT Analysis of Starwood Hotels and Resorts with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Starwood Hotels and Resorts
Hotels and Resorts
Tourism and Hospitality
Who's taking care of you
Luxury brand that offers a huge range of services through different brands.
Luxury, Upscale, Vacation ownership, Resorts
Business Travellers, Leisure Travellers, Families, Honeymooners
One of the world's largest hotel and leisure companies
1. Successful social media campaigns and increasing revenue through digital media 2. Starwood is an extremely versatile brand. Every brand under this umbrella has its unique branding. 3. 1100+ hotels in around 100 countries through 9 different brands
4. The brand “Elementy” is the first LEED-certified hotel brand since it integrates green design, construction and operational practices that make the business sustainable as well as profitable
5. The mere number of locations increases loyalty to brand
6. Their loyalty program is the world’s most award-winning guest loyalty program
7. Has an employee strength of nearly 150,000
1. Stock prices decline has been a concern
2. Strong presence in US but globally Starwood is still not as recognised
3. No mid-market or budget projects. Reduced spending capacity has impacted the choice of hotels.
1. Vacation ownership is a growing market 2. Digitalized media has gone big and has become a new source of revenue for companies 3. Economic downturn has reduced spending capacity, travellers are looking for offers or packages that might help them cut their cost down without really having an impact on the travelling experience
4. Diverse target markets
1. Constant political disturbances across the globe (in India) 2. Most hospitality giants are venturing into new emerging markets, increasing competitive pressure.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.