Posted in Transport and Logistics, Total Reads: 3978
SWOT Analysis of CSX Transportation with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Transportation and Logistics
How tomorrow moves
CSX’s network is positioned to reach more than two-thirds of Americans, who account for about the majority of the nation’s consumption of goods
Business which require transportation and logistics services
Business which require rail-based transportation and intermodal containers and tankers services
One of the US’s leading transportation supplier
1. Strong fleet operations 2. Direct access to all Atlantic and Gulf Coast ports, as well as the Mississippi River, the Great Lakes and the St. Lawrence Seaway 3. Transportation network serves some of the largest population centers in the nation 4. Transportation network encompasses about 21,000 route miles of track in 23 US states
5. Strong reputation amongst domestic industry players
1. Lack of scale compared to peers 2. Weak performance of intermodal division 3. Less penetration in central and western US
1. Growth in North American light vehicle market 2. Increased demand of coal in US 3. Expansion in central and western US
1. Slowdown in US economy 2. Rising fuel prices 3. Intense price competition
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to CSX Transportation. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.