At stake is the prize money of Rs. 50,000. And every participant will be a winner; Skill City experience remains with you all your life, something to be cherished forever.Come, enjoy the journey. Be Creatively Spoilt. Skill City beckons.
~~~ Skill City ~~~
The Confluence of Skills & Strategy
Greetings from XIMB and Skill City!
Skill City - the home for the creatively spoilt, isn't just a competition. It's an experience. For the three days spanning the event, creativity is worshiped, team spirit is applauded and strategies are formed, twisted, broken and reformed. Here, it is only your imagination that can limit you.
In today's corporate world where change is the only constant and the unexpected is to be expected, future managers and entrepreneurs constantly need to ideate and innovate to stay ahead. Skill City presents a gamut of events combining elements of wit, grit, perseverance, intelligence and of course, common sense! It is the acid test of your team-spirit when situations go horribly wrong; it tests your composure and resilience when a hitherto brilliant-looking strategy fails miserably; and then it tests your common sense a little more with its crazy twists and mind boggling tasks. It is indeed the toughest test of your soft skills.
Like the 10 years gone by, the best minds from across the country will battle it out once again this year. This will probably be one of the few battles you would have a gala time fighting! So strategize your way through the smart complexities in each game and be the last one standing in this city of creativity!!
Eligibility and Rules :
1. The contest is open to all students of Full Time Management Programmes.
2. Each team must have four members. All the four members should be from the same institute. Each team can register only once.
3. There is no restriction on the number of entries from one institute. However, an individual cannot be a part of more than one team.
4. The teams are required to register themselves on or before October 14th 2012. The deadline for registration is 23:59 hrs.
5. The selected teams will be provided two way train travel fare for the shortest route from their institute to Bhubaneswar.
6. Specific data and information about Skill City would be provided to the selected teams two days before the game begins.
7. The decision of the judges will be final and binding on the teams.
Pillar 1: Eliminatoria
It is the preliminary round of duration one hour, in which the brightest minds of the country compete with each other before they battle it out in the final modules at the XIMB campus.
This round would comprise a quiz consisting of Logical reasoning and Aptitude based questions.
This round will be played on 15th October 2012, at 23:00 hrs.
Pillar 2: El Dorado
The best 8 teams from the preliminary round will be invited to the campus during Xpressions '12 to compete against each other. Reputed for its uniqueness, this round is unparalleled in terms of its intensity. It tests strategy, team work, communication, negotiation and lateral thinking among aspiring Skillers.
This round will be played on 2nd and 3rd November 2012.
Pillar 3: Fountain of Youth
The teams play the coveted outdoor module which tests leadership and team synergies. One of the most exhilarating experiences you will ever have.
This round will be played on 4th November 2012.
At stake is the prize money of Rs. 50,000. And every participant will be a winner; Skill City experience remains with you all your life, something to be cherished forever.
Come, enjoy the journey. Be Creatively Spoilt. Skill City beckons.
For more details check : http://www.ximbxpressions.com/
Registrations now open at http://skillcity.wix.com/2012